- To improve muscular strength, endurance, flexibility, agility, balance, and physical condition and to develop the knowledge and understanding of how these factors relate to life-long physical fitness and recreational activities.
- To develop and maintain maximum physical efficiency.
- To develop self-confidence and discipline.
- To aid in the development of a positive self-concept through successful learning experiences.
- To develop useful and basic sports/recreational skills.
- To demonstrate leadership responsibility through interaction with peer groups in a team competition concept.
- To enjoy wholesome recreation and athletic activity.
- To apply the rules and apply basic skills of a team and individual sports and activities.
- To have team spirit, sportsmanship, fair play and desirable social behaviours.
By the end of their education at Millennia Institute, pupils should:
- Learn at least three game skills and will be proficient in one game to play on their own beyond their schooling years.
- Know the rules and tactics of the games they are taught.
- Complete one PE Sports Enrichment Module by their final year.
- Gain confidence in managing and maintaining their individual fitness and healthy weight.
- Elective Elective Games (PU1)
- Core Games (PU2 at intermediate level and PU3 at advanced levels)
- Health Education and Fitness Management (including NAPFA/ IPPT training)
- Inter-Class Games (PU1) and Inter-House games (PU2 and PU3)
- Team-Building Games (PU1)
- Asian Traditional Games: Sepak Takraw and Kabaddi (PU1 and PU2)
- Sports Education Module (PU3 and during Gap Week)
- Track & Field Meet / Sports Fiesta / X-Country Run / Health Lifestyle Day (3 year-cycle)